Oriflame in brief
A quick intro to the world of Oriflame
Oriflame is a high-quality cosmetics company which sells natural skincare and cosmetic products through an independent team of Consultants, outside the traditional retail environment. Direct sales allows customers to get advice and inspiration from people they know and trust. Buying direct is reliable and convenient.
Being an Oriflame Sales Consultant means generous income potential and career opportunities, personal development and a sense of belonging to a friendly global community.
Oriflame is a company characterised by a can-do spirit, a decentralised management and a young and entrepreneurial atmosphere.
Although the company has grown rapidly it never lost sight of its original business concept – Natural Swedish Cosmetics from friend to friend. Oriflame is today one of the world’s fastest-growing cosmetics companies. The company has sales operations in 62 countries and enjoys market leadership in over half of them. A sales force of around 3.4 million independent Consultants market a complete range of gorgeous skincare, fragrances, toiletries and cosmetics. We offer a wide range of high-quality beauty products as well as a unique opportunity to join our sales force and start your own business.
- Products based on natural ingredients, never tested on animals
- 1.3 billion Euros in annual sales
- Approximately 3.3 million Consultants
- Over 7500 employees
- 950 new products annually
- Co-founder of World Childhood Foundation
- Global R&D centre with more than 100 scientists
- 5 own production units in Sweden, Poland, China, Russia and India
- Listed on the Nasdaq OMX Exchange since March 2004
- Operations in 62 countries of which 13 are franchisees
Welcome to Oriflame UK & Ireland!
We’re celebrating our 40th year in the UK
Our vision is to make Oriflame the first name that comes to mind for anyone looking for affordable quality cosmetics or a career with a friendly direct sales company. Oriflame offers a smart way of selling and buying. Our direct sales system benefits customers and Consultants alike. For the customer, it offers a reliable, convenient and fun way to buy from a friend, with personal advice, ideas and inspiration as well as full money-back guarantee.
Oriflame is also a company of choice. Whether you prefer to sell by holding Beauty Demonstrations or simply distributing Catalogues to your family and friends – the choice is yours.
As a Consultant you’ll have dynamic income and career opportunities as well as enjoying unlimited potential for personal development. Though our Consultants work independently, they are also conscious of being part of a highly supportive global family. Moreover, Oriflame also offers wide-ranging sales training and leadership development programmes.
Special facts about Oriflame UK & Ireland
- 1967 Founded in Sweden
- 1970 First Oriflame Consultants start selling in the UK
- 1972 Oriflame Ireland opens as a licensee
- 1988 First Catalogues published in the UK
- 1998 Change to current Success Plan
- 2003 Oriflame UK and Ireland reach 7,000 Sales Consultants
- 2006 Oriflame UK and Ireland became part of Premier Direct Group PLC
- 2008 1st July – Oriflame was purchased by Kevin Kenny (formerly CFO of the Oriflame Group) and Eric McClenaghan (formerly CEO of PDG Plc)
- Seize the Oriflame opportunity today! Welcome to a great team!
- Eric McClenaghan, CEO
Code of ethics
Oriflame recognises its responsibility to its business partners, suppliers and the community at large
Oriflame Cosmetics has a strong ethical ethos, which is evident in all facets of the operation and is demonstrated in the following ways:
- Manufacturing is monitored and controlled in-line with cosmetic Good Manufacturing Practices (cGMP) and Oriflame Cosmetics Supplier Code of Practice to ensure high-quality products.
- Oriflame Cosmetics has open and honest relationships with all suppliers ensuring confidentiality of their specialist technologies and formulations.
- Oriflame Cosmetics is committed to conducting its business in a manner that demonstrates respect for the environment. All suppliers are expected to act responsibly with regard to protection and preservation of the environment, implementation of proper environmental controls, and compliance with national and local regulations.
- Oriflame Cosmetics takes into account the ethnic and religious beliefs of the people in the countries where it operates.
- Oriflame Cosmetics ensures that local and national standards of health and safety in the workplace, minimum wage standards and working hour requirements are all adhered to. In addition, suppliers are expected to operate ethically with respect to young and vulnerable people in the labour force. The welfare of children is of great concern to the company, a founding member of The World Childhood Foundation.
- Oriflame Cosmetics does not test products or ingredients on animals, and no ingredients derived from dead animals, or sourced while causing harm to animals, are used.
- Safety and efficacy testing are carried out, under the supervision of qualified medical personnel, on consenting healthy volunteers (18yrs +).
- Local and international regulations are monitored, ensuring that safe, effective and legally compliant products are available to our customers.